July 22, 2016

Same Old Thing, In Brand New Drag

So, it’s been quite a while since my last proper blog post, but that’s mainly because for the last 6 months or so, my life has been crazy, to say the least. The 05:30-22:00 non-stop (not even for lunch), daily routine sucked all energy from me and violently made me look forward solely to things such as bathing and sleeping. Getting back to school (for personal reasons, rather for educational purposes, although I do admit it helped me with my craft) was a good idea, a wise move, yet when you try to combine it with a full-time work schedule, it can easily lead you to suicide.

My summer break (from both work and school) will hopefully be a long one (probably until late September, early October), so I feel confident enough I can keep up with your blog posts and why not create a few of my own (too many ideas on hold - my life story).

It’s been a struggle, yes, but at the same time it gave me purpose. Not to mention money. I can see Despair rearing its head in the distance, making faces at me again, but, for the moment, I choose to ignore it.

One gone, four born.

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos. Wow, I don't know how you kept up such a schedule! Good work, but don't feel you have to do that much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura:) Now that it's over, I don't know either.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your breather and the slower pace! I certainly would not be able to work full time plus go to school. Maybe at one time when I was young and full of energy, but not now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think about it too much. Just went in full self-destructive mode and counted the days until July.

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear you were experiencing such a hard tine. Studying and working at the same time is a truly difficult situation I have experienced myself, and all I can wish you is a lot of patience and will.
    I do hope you enjoy your holiday period, and it helps you to recover from such an stressful time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am enjoying every second of my long-awaited break:)

      Delete
  4. Wow - good for you for accomplishing so much in the last 6 months! I am in awe of your energy. Enjoy your break with lots of bathing and sleeping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bathing, sleeping and remodeling in between:D

      Delete
  5. That is a hectic schedule! I'm glad you have a break for a while - hopefully you still have a week or two left before you have to 'get back at it'. Lovely pictures as always, Variations on Light. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:0)
      September has been good to me - relaxed a bit. A week of vacation left! And, then back to it all.

      Delete
  6. I'm rather late visiting blog posts, but am saddened to read that you've been working so hard. I hope you enjoyed your much needed break and are taking things at a more gradual pace now. Perfect images as always ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better late than never:)
      Much needed break indeed! Here's to the next one;D

      Delete