September 26, 2015

The End Of Summer

It has been an odd summer. I can’t remember the last time I spent so much time outside or in restaurants, coffee shops and such (no photographic evidence to support the latter).

It has also been a summer of numerous heat waves that left many of my plants either dead or on the verge of self-destruction. I don’t think I‘ll be able to replace every single one of them and, to be honest, I’m not sure if I even want to. I am seriously considering about staying on the minimal side this year – tired of the million tiny pots mess. Besides, I‘d rather spend my money on other things:

The Sisters Of Mercy are back in town; or will be, anyway. The last time I saw them live was over 100 years ago and, yes, they were horrible with way too much pre-recorded audio (both music and vocals), but I am really excited to see them again (him, don’t have to pretend around here), nonetheless. Another great band, The Frozen Autumn, will also be coming back for a gig in December.

Hopefully, other things, equally enjoyable are around the corner, waiting for me. No more unpleasant surprises, please.



The Frozen Autumn image source: Giorgio Ricci Photography

10 comments:

  1. Over here it's been a miserable and cold summer, and I can't remember a summer when I spent so much time inside! I was actually just looking in the mirror bemoaning the dark circles under my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's sunny almost all year-round over here and it gets even worse during summer when humidity kicks in and health issues flare-up. Not to mention the limited styling options...

      Delete
  2. I love climate of your blog, amazing photos as always <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweetie:-) I do tend to obsess over particular themes, but I am working on it;-)

      Delete
  3. Soo jealous! SOM did one show here years ago and I heard of it after it was too late! I think it sold out in 5 minutes!

    Love the pictures! Hate heatwaves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be! I'm sure you'll get the chance to see them one day (prepare to be disappointed, though).

      Delete
  4. Ohhh, SOM and Frozen Autumn, you´re a lucky one! I wish you a lot of fun! Our summer was also much to warm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Counting down the days until the SOM gig!

      Delete
  5. I too spent a ton of time outdoors this summer - not like me at all! If the spouse didn't take care of the inside plants, we'd have none at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I wish I had some help - one woman band.

      Delete