July 30, 2015

Thank You Note(s)


Somebody decided to part with this (homage to Ancient Greece but with a gothic twist) painting and luckily a certain creature was around when they did so. It is (or looks like) oil on panel and apparently the artist, Frans van Lamsweerde, was a well-known illustrator. The painting is in glorious greens and oranges but the control worm has been eating me to post a black and white version of it (the worm won, yes).

In even better news, I recently received a gorgeous signed Nat Jones print, from the (beloved) Insomniac. What a gift! Thank you - from here as well.

A short bio of Frans van Lamsweerde here
Nat Jone’s zombies and horrors here
You can take a peek into the Insomniac's Attic here

And, since I am in a semi-promotional mood, Peter Murphy’s Lion remixes album is out:

10 comments:

  1. I also got a poster from Lynne. I have to frame it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Gothic Greece picture, but I'm not sure I'd love it as much in orange and green! I think you were right to change it up a bit. Actually, too bad it isn't greyscale, because it would look great on the wall next to Nat's poster, wouldn't it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @linnea-maria
    It deserves to be framed:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Insomniac
    Haha! It sure would! But seriously, it looks great as it is (in colour) and the detail is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I love both images.

    Nat's artwork is perfect, Lynne is a sweetheart and Peter Murphy is brilliant ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are gorgeous, aren't they?

    I agree with everything you just said:-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouuu mou aresei apisteuta to print! I will check this guy out, den ton i3era! :)

    unknownprettylies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Μην περιμένεις να δεις και πολλά γατάκια στο portfolio του:-D

    ReplyDelete