March 20, 2015

Filler


I have been obsessively drawing these past few days – not sure where did that come from. On top of that, I got a bag full of expired films from a local studio (from their trash, to be completely honest), so the films waiting (patiently) to be exposed are piling up. The cheap, smashed, 11-year-old compact camera (which solely produces out-of-focus images) is winning over film, though. Something about the lo-fi nature of it, I guess.

I am working on several photographic projects as we speak; some for the blog, some for my eyes only. Thank goodness my depression works that way (well, half of the time, anyway – the other half I just want to dig a hole and jump in it).

I leave you with an old obsession of mine (he’s been keeping me good company, lately):

Zaine Griff, “The Stranger”, taken from the “FIGVRES” album (1982)
Generation 80 (Belgian TV)

6 comments:

  1. I do like that old obsession of yours ;)

    It would be lovely to see some of your drawings on your blog, alongside your deliciously dark photographs.

    Some of the most creative people have battled with depression. It can seem like an unwelcome old friend some days.

    Have a wonderful weekend! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m glad you do ;-)

    I’ll probably post something when I feel confident enough.

    Unwelcome, yet necessary.

    Thank you; you have a wonderful weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Αν και μου είναι πολύ familiar η μουσική, δεν έχω ιδέα που και πότε την πρώτο άκουσα. Εκτός αν κάνουν πουλάκια τα αφτιά μου.. λόγο άνοιξης! Κοίτα, αυτή η δημιουργικότητα είναι αλλοπρόσαλλη. Ποτέ δεν ξέρεις πότε θα έρθει, αν θα έρθει και πόσο θα κάτσει. Οπότε εκμεταλλευσου την και ξεσάλωσε <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been drawing quite a bit recently too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Magda
    Τέτοια ν'ακούω! Άντε να μεγαλώνει το fan club!
    Η κυκλοθυμία μου από τη μία με σπρώχνει σε αυτό, κι από την άλλη με αποτρέπει. Θα τη βρω (κάποτε) τη χρυσή τομή, πού θα πάει.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Laura Morrigan
    I would love to see your work!

    ReplyDelete